Honda "losing money" on Japan-built cars like Fit, CR-Z and Insight
Honda builds around 85 percent of the vehicles it sells in North America on the continent, which is significantly more than companies like Nissan or Toyota. Even so, this marks the first time Honda has gone on the record as saying importing cars from Japan costs more money than it makes.
So, why sell these models at all? Automotive News reports Honda needs the vehicles to keep segments covered and to keep its customers coming back to showrooms.
Honda Fit Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models