VW gains control of MAN with stake increase
Technically, Volkswagen hasn't made a decision on either a takeover or a domination agreement, though the company says it's keeping all of its options open at the moment. CEO Martin Winterkorn says the larger stake in MAN "marks an important milestone for achieving our joint goals in the commercial vehicles business as elsewhere through close cooperation." Just how close that cooperation will become in the near future remains to be seen.
Volkswagen has been slowly increasing its stake in MAN for the past year.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models