Could Ford's Fiesta RS outmuscle Focus RS production hopes?
Autocar says Ford still hasn't decided what form the next generation of its ultrahatch will take, and that it is weighing the pros and cons of using both models for the next RS. On the one hand, the Fiesta is already being campaigned in the World Rally Championship with RS badging. The pint-sized hatchback is also available as a three-door (although not in the U.S.), a bodystyle that is reportedly viewed as more befitting an RS model. But the larger Focus will likely fetch larger profits, not to mention being more suitable for sale in the States, Autocar guesstimates.
Hey, at this point, we'll take either. Or both.
Ford Fiesta Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models