Porsche plans E-Class competitor, codename Pajun
In September 2011, Car claimed the Pajun could spawn coupe, convertible and even a shooting brake variant. Back then, rumors swirled about powertrain options that included a 550-horsepower V6, 600-hp V8, plug-in hybrid and an Audi-sourced diesel.
Hopefully, Porsche is also working expeditiously to find a better name than Pajun, which in Korea is a seafood pancake, in Finnish it means willow, and, according to Google's translation, in Welsh it means – wait for it – Cajun. That's the name Porsche was using to refer to its smaller-than-Cayenne SUV before changing it to Macan in February. Clever coincidence.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models