Toyota TS030 and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro pose for the camera
While both the Audi and Toyota employ hybrid powertrains, a first for endurance prototypes, each go about it in very different ways. The TS030 makes use of a naturally aspirated 3.4-liter V8 while the R18 e-tron Quattro uses a turbocharged diesel V6. Audi's hybrid system powers the front wheels, hence the Quattro name, while Toyota has yet to announce whether it's system will drive the front or rear wheels.
The closed cockpit racers make for quite an attractive couple, and we hope it's a pairing that will form a lasting rivalry in the coming years.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models