Toyota announces service campaign to fix exhaust on 28,000 Prius V hybrids
The Wall Street Journal reports that the problem is with "weak actuators-control mechanisms" in the exhaust-heat-recovery systems that can end up leaking engine coolant, which will then force the car into a "safe" mode. Some second-gen, 2004-07 standard Prius models were affected by a similar problem in the past.
The new issue affects about 8,000 vehicles in Japan and 20,000 in North America. Prius V owners will get the problem fixed for free.
Toyota Prius v Information
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video