2013 Subaru BRZ priced from $25,495* [w/poll]
The starting price of $25,495 does include a destination charge of $750* and will get you the BRZ Premium with a six-speed manual transmission. Choosing a six-speed automatic will add $1,100 for a new total of $26,595. That price of admission does, however, include a touchscreen navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity and HID headlamps.
Those who require more pampering can step up to the BRZ Limited with a base price of $27,495 for the manual-equipped model. Adding the automatic again bumps the price by $1,100 to $28,595. Limited models also get heated seats with Alcantara inserts and leather bolsters, heated mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lights, keyless entry/start and a body-color rear spoiler. The last and most expensive configuration comes when opting for seats fully covered in leather, which raises the starting price to $27,495 for the manual model and $28,595 for the automatic.
Even fully loaded, the 2013 Subaru BRZ appears to come in safely under $30,000, thought it is more expensive than its sibling, the 2013 Scion FR-S, which starts at $24,200 but doesn't come with a nav system or leather as an option. Based on our experience driving the car, that's a reasonable price to pay for such a high level of rear-wheel-drive handling. What do you think? Take our poll and send a Subaru a message about whether or not they have priced the BRZ correctly.
|Yes, that's a reasonable price for what you get.||1 (33.3%)|
|No, that's too expensive for just 200 horsepower.||1 (33.3%)|
|I'll let you know after I drive one.||1 (33.3%)|
All-new Sports Car starts at $25,495
CHERRY HILL, N.J., April 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing for its much-heralded 2013 BRZ, starting at $25,495 for the Premium model with a six-speed manual transmission. The six-speed automatic version starts at $26,595. Premium models come standard with touch-screen GPS Navigation, Bluetooth® connectivity and HID headlamps. Above the well-appointed Premium model, Limited models add Alcantara seat inserts with leather bolsters, heated seats and mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control system, fog lights, Keyless Access & Start and body-color decklid spoiler. Limited models come equipped with leather seats and start at $27,495 when equipped with a six-speed manual transmission and $28,595 for automatic versions.
The Subaru BRZ arrives in Subaru dealerships this spring after receiving strong media praise for its handling and fun-to-drive persona. The 2.0 liter naturally aspirated BRZ delivers pinpoint handling precision and an unmatched driving experience for sports car enthusiasts of all skill levels.
Subaru developed the BRZ with three fundamentals of sports car design: low vehicle weight, an ultra-low center of gravity and precision steering. Utilizing Subaru's naturally aspirated 200 horsepower horizontally opposed (Boxer) engine design, BRZ is a sports car that does not sacrifice everyday comfort and practicality.
Prices are MSRP before $750 destination charge.
For more information on this and other Subaru models, you can follow Subaru at its Subaru of America Facebook page and on Twitter at subaru_usa
About Subaru of America, Inc.
Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 600 dealers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information visit www.subaru.com.
At-A-Glance 2013 Subaru BRZ
- All-new Subaru-developed vehicle-specific platform.
- New 2.0-liter Subaru Boxer engine features "square" configuration (bore and stroke dimensions identical) for high-revving performance; double overhead camshafts and dual Active Valve Control System (DAVCS); fuel injection system combines direct injection and port injection technologies; very high compression ratio; high specific engine output: 100 hp/liter.
- Choice of 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions; optional automatic has steering wheel paddle shifters, Sport mode, winter mode and downshift blipping control.
- Torsen® limited-slip differential.
- Double-wishbone rear suspension.
- Electric power steering.
- 4-wheel vented disc brakes.
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and traction control system (TCS) with 5 modes, including Sport mode and TCS Off for track driving.
- 17 x 7-in. aluminum alloy wheels with 215/45 R17 summer performance tires.
- Aluminum hood.
Key Facts / Design and Amenities
- Premium and Limited trim lines.
- 2+2 seating with enough trunk and interior room to transport four tires and tools for track driving.
- Standard navigation system with voice control and comprehensive infotainment capabilities (see standard equipment).
Key Safety Features
- Ring Shaped Frame Reinforcement body structure provides outstanding occupant protection.
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions, front seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters.
- Subaru Advanced Frontal Airbag System; dual-stage deployment driver and front passenger airbags; front seat side pelvis/torso air bags and side-curtain air bags (SRS).
- 4-channel/4-sensor Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist and Brake Override system.
- Safety pedal system.
- Whiplash protection front seats.
Standard Features, BRZ Premium
- 12v power outlets: one in glove box and one in center console
- 24-hour roadside assistance for vehicle limited warranty period
- 3-spoke leather-wrapped tilt and telescoping steering wheel with red stitching.
- Fold-down rear seatback
- Aluminum-alloy pedal covers (including driver's footrest)
- Auto on/off High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights, low and high beam
- Touch-screen GPS navigation system with:
- 6.1-inch LCD screen
- AM/FM stereo with HD radio
- Single-disc in-dash CD player
- 196-watt amplifier
- 8 speakers
- MP3/WMA capability
- Voice activated controls
- Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
- Bluetooth audio streaming connectivity
- iPod® control capability
- iTunes® tagging capability
- USB port
- XM® Satellite Radio (subscription required)
- XM NavTraffic (subscription required)
- SMS text messaging capability
- 3.5mm auxiliary audio input jack
- Manual climate control system with cabin air filtration
- Carpeted floor mats
- Chrome interior door handles
- Cruise control
- Cup holders integrated into door panels and two in center console
- Digital clock
- Digital dual-mode trip odometer
- Digital outside temperature gauge
- Dome light with off-delay
- Driver's footrest
- Sport design instrument panel gauges: Speedometer, tachometer, digital speedometer integrated within tachometer, coolant temperature gauge, fuel gauge
- Height-adjustable driver's seat
- Illuminated ignition switch ring
- Dual visor vanity mirrors
- Leather-wrapped shift handle and parking brake handle
- Multi function display with current and average fuel economy
- Performance-design front seats with height-adjustable head restraints
- Power door locks
- Power side mirrors
- Power windows with driver's and passenger's auto up/down with pinch protection
- Rear window defroster with timer
- Remote fuel door release
- Remote keyless entry system with engine immobilizer system
- Seatback pocket on front passenger seat
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
BRZ Limited adds:
- Alcantara seat inserts with leather bolsters All-Weather Package (dual-mode heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors)
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
- Fog lights
- Front door courtesy lights
- Keyless Access and Start with illuminated engine start/stop button
- Rear trunk spoiler (body color)
- Security system
Optional for Premium and Limited: 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, downshift blipping control, steering wheel paddle shift control switches, sport shift mode and snow shift mode.
Subaru BRZ Information
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models