Porsche Panamera to get plug-in model for 2014?
Volkswagen has already made it clear the company believes the future of green driving lies in diesels and plug-in hybrids, saying the latter combines the best elements of electric propulsion and internal combustion without the compromises of a hybrid. So, why introduce plug-ins in the automaker's luxury brands? Volkswagen claims high-end buyers are more likely to take long trips, and thus need the range-extending capability of an internal combustion engine as well. Us? We think it's easier for well-heeled buyers to absorb the technology's cost premium in their already higher MSRPs.
Porsche Panamera Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models