To further enhance the XK's good looks, Jaguar has launched the new Artisan Edition that makes its debut at the Geneva Motor Show. Available in both naturally aspirated and XKR trims (in both coupe and convertible body styles, no less), the Artisan package incorporates some special paint colors including the Celestial Black you see here, as well as unique 20-inch wheels. Inside, there are new performance seats with "scraffito" leather, not to mention a host of interior upgrades like a 525-watt Bowers & Wilkins stereo, stainless steel pedals and new veneer trim pieces.
It's sexy and sophisticated, and sadly, it's only available in the UK (for now, at least). See it for yourself in our attached high-res image gallery.
At a glance:
- New XK Artisan SE model is available to order now in both coupe and convertible form
- The Special Edition models introduce enhancements to the XK's already luxurious hand-crafted cabin in addition to discreet exterior changes
- New 'Artisan' interiors utilise sumptuous scraffito grain leather on the seats, instrument binnacle, door and rear quarter casings, and Poltrona Frau® leather headlinings
- Customers can choose from two Jaguar Design-specified interior colours, each available with a choice of new veneer finishes – Shadow Walnut and Dark Figured Aluminium
- 16x16 way heated Performance front seats, a 525W Bowers & Wilkins sound system, unique treadplates and stainless steel pedals are all standard
- Exterior paint palette includes Celestial Black – exclusive to the XK range in Special Edition form – and a new 20-inch wheel design
- UK pricing: Coupé – £77,350 (OTR), Convertible – £82,500 (OTR)
Every Jaguar XK represents a compelling combination of advanced engineering and cosseting luxury, yet the latest additions to the evolving range – the XK Artisan SE models – further enhance that luxury quality through the introduction of hand-crafted 'Artisan' interiors.
Available in both coupe and convertible form, the Special Edition model's Artisan interior introduces the use of tactile 'scraffito' finished leather to the front seats, instrument binnacle, door and rear quarter casings. In combination with Poltrona Frau® leather headlinings, two new veneer finishes – Shadow Walnut and Dark Figured Aluminium – and standard features including a 525W Bowers & Wilkins sound system, 16 by 16 way adjustable heated Performance seats, a heated steering wheel and keyless entry/start, each Special Edition model promises a heightened level of opulence and comfort.
To complement the sumptuous use of materials, Jaguar's design team, led by Director of Design Ian Callum, specified two exclusive Artisan interior colourways for the Special Edition models; Navy with Jet headlining and Truffle with Canvas headlining. Convertible hood colours have also been carefully selected and include Black, Blue, Grey and Brown. Special Edition treadplates and stainless steel pedals are additional discreet enhancements.
An exterior paint palette of three colours includes the exclusive Special Edition colour of Celestial Black, Polaris White and Rhodium Silver being the alternative options. A new 20-inch alloy wheel design completes the exterior changes; Orona style with a polished finish.
XK: an advanced choice
Whether in coupe or convertible form, each Special Edition model benefits from the advanced engineering techniques inherent to the entire Jaguar XK range. Jaguar is industry-leading in its use of aluminium technology, and both coupe and convertible models utilise riveted and bonded aluminium monocoque construction that means light weight, exceptional rigidity and strength. In combination with continuously variable adaptive damping – standard on all models – and a 5.0-litre direct-injection V8 petrol engine in 385PS naturally-aspirated form, the result is a beautifully damped yet controlled ride, precise handling, and effortless performance when required.