Weekend Fishing Tournament Turns Disastrous As 36 Vehicles Fall Through Ice
Officials say the cars were parked much too close together
Several guests at a weekend fishing tournament on Lake Winnebago in Wisconsin decided to leave their cars on the "frozen" lake when they couldn't find parking.
Turns out the thin ice was unable to hold so many heavy cars parked tightly together and, soon enough, the lake swallowed 36 of them, 18 of which were fully submerged.
Check out the clip above to see for yourself. Fortunately, no one was actually in the cars when they sank, so there were no injuries, but we're sure some of the drivers are in for some serious financial hurt in the very near future.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models