Dodge working on 300-hp Dart SRT4
For the Dart SRT4, Dodge could go one of two ways: turbocharging the existing Tigershark 2.0-liter four, or shoehorning in the new all-aluminum 1.8-liter turbo four from Alfa Romeo. Since the latter would likely push the Dart SRT4's price up beyond $30,000 and competitive levels, the smarter money's on the former. But in order to compete with the likes of the Ford Focus ST and Subaru WRX STI – and outshine the 285-horsepower Caliber SRT4 it succeeds – we could be looking at nearly 300 horses under the hood.
Couple that with a six-speed dual-clutch transmission (we'd still hope for a manual), upgraded rolling stock, brakes and suspension, and a more aggressive aero pack and we could be looking at one very mean pocket rocket indeed.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies