Toyota tops recall list again in 2011, overall number of U.S. recalls down *UPDATE
But Toyota wasn't the only automaker with recall woes in 2011. Ford found itself in second place for the number of vehicles recalled this year with 10 campaigns covering 3.2 million vehicles. For its part, General Motors issued a total of 21 recalls, but the fixes involved far fewer vehicles: 455,901. All told, Ward's says automakers issued 130 recalls in 2011, down from 136 campaigns in the U.S. last year.
*Update: The expanded Honda airbag recall pushed the automaker past Toyota for the greatest number of recalled vehicles in 2011. Head to our followup post for more information.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.