Fifth Gear pits Renault Sport Megane 265 Trophy vs Nissan 370Z
This version of the Renault lapped the Nürburgring in 8:07.97, the quickest front-wheel-drive road car on the timing sheet. Even so, 63 hp down and more than 70 pounds heavier by gross weight, one could expect the Megane to have a hard time even keeping up with the Z. But on a wet track and at the hands of Subaru Rally driver and James Bond stunt driver Mark Higgins (he of the epic Isle of Man save), expectations have a way of going sideways.
Follow the jump for the video to find out which one is more fun and which one is quicker.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models