Traveling across Australia's Outback by Mercedes-Benz G-Class
For starters, the washboard dirt tracks made short work of the AMG's Bilstein rear shocks, forcing mechanics to pull the pieces altogether for one short stint before replacements could be flown in. Likewise, the spare tire carrier and both side-view mirrors suffered cracks along the way. Not surprisingly, the military-spec edition suffered no ills over the course of the trek. Hit the jump to check out the video for yourself.
If that's not enough fun in the Australian sun for you, click back and take a look at Motor Trend's trek across the continent in a Subaru Outback.
Mercedes G-Class Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models