Analysts predicting up to 14M auto sales in 2012
That view is largely based on a scenario that played out earlier this year. When Congress faced off over the nation's debt ceiling, the Dow Jones Index plummeted by 1,500 points. In the past, that would have translated into decreased auto sales, but the numbers have stayed steady this year.
Throw in pent-up demand from buyers waiting for sunnier economic times and more free-flowing credit and automakers may just meet the 14 million unit mark.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models