Ford F-150 EcoBoost hits 100,000 sales
Overall, EcoBoost models accounted for 40 percent of all F-150 sales, which is impressive considering that the boosted mill comes with a $895 price premium compared to the very capable 5.0-liter V8. Still more impressive is the fact that Ford also sold plenty of 3.7-liter V6 models as well, and the overall take rate of V6 engines is over 50 percent on the year. Ford hasn't sold this many V6-powered F-150 models since Doc Brown turned a DeLorean into a time machine (1985).
With V6-powered F-150 models selling this well, we're wondering if General Motors and Chrysler will follow suit with their own six-pot offerings. It seems truck buyers would be more than okay with the decision.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models