Infiniti to sign off on hatchback model's design in January
The January time frame doesn't leave a lot of time for engineering Etherea-based hatch, but keep in mind that the compact Infiniti will be based on the front-drive Mercedes-Benz A-Class platform. This engineering partnership will enable Infiniti to focus its collective energy on creating a unique design inside and out.
Information about the powertrains of the Infiniti hatch are scarce, but reports that a hybrid could be part of the equation. We're guessing that a diesel is out of the question for the U.S., but a turbo-four or maybe even the 2.5-liter V6 from the G25 could be in the works.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models