EVO pits 2012 Jaguar XKR-S vs. XJ220 at the 'Ring
Foremost among them is surely the XJ220, the all-out, world-conquering supercar Coventry produced in the early '90s. A Jaguar XJ220 set the Nürburgring lap record in 1992 when John Nielsen recorded a 7:46 lap – a record that held until it was finally unseated at the turn of the millennium.
The question is, could Jaguar's latest production model match the aging Super Cat for pace around the Norschleife? To find out, Evo's Chris Harris took the new XKR-S down to Eifel and brought along the XJ220... piloted by the same John Nielsen, no less. Follow the jump to see how it went down.
Jaguar XK Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models