NHTSA report reveals most stolen vehicles, theft rate declining
The Camry was the best-selling passenger car in 2009, and that crown helped see 781 stolen from their owners. Compare that figure to the second-most stolen vehicle in the report; the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, which had just five units out of 581 stolen.
Overall, NHTSA says that the vehicle theft rate declined by 21.3 percent in 2009 compared to 2008.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models