Judge: Tesla will need to prove financial damage to win suit
To put it quite simply, the judge is asking Tesla to show him the money, or he'll strike out the automaker's claim.
The Guardian also mentions that Tesla's claims against Top Gear can only be based on reruns of the infamous broadcast aired after March 2010, not the original trashing of the Roadster that aired back in 2008. This because of "strict time-period rules governing claims for malicious falsehood," says The Guardian.
It will be interesting to see how Tesla responds to this latest request, as the original suit named a value of "not more than £100,000."
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies