Musk says Tesla Model S sold out
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has just announced that the Model S is completely sold out for 2012, with 6,500 models already accounted for. Bloomberg reports that Musk gave the update on pre-sales during an interview on "In The Loop With Betty Liu." Musk added that most of those buyers were new to the Tesla brand, save for about 600 Roadster owners. That's a lot of potential good news for Tesla, and Musk wasn't finished. The tech startup mogul also added that Tesla could see an annual profit by 2013 – a lot quicker than many analysts expected.
News of Tesla's pre-sale orders and the prospect of short-term profits helped jump-start shares of the EV company's stock by 3.9 percent.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies