HPE is turning 20 this month, giving the Texas-based tuner the perfect excuse to build a celebratory Camaro. The company blog tells us the 20th Anniversary Edition HPE650 Camaro will be limited to 20 black over black examples, and yes, that "650" in the model name is an indication of horsepower. The lofty number is achieved by fitting a supercharger, new heads, a new cam, headers, and intake and exhaust upgrades. HPE says their mods are good for 655 horsepower at 6,300 rpm, which is enough to push the Camaro to 60 mph in just 3.7 seconds.
Other upgrades include custom wheels, front splitter and side skirts, embroidered headrests, and a coilover suspension system. Of course, floor mats and the obligatory numbered dash plaque are yours as well, so long as you're willing to pay the $79,500 asking price for a coupe, or $84,500 for a convertible.
Read the entire press release after the jump.
Black on Black 2012 Coupe or Convertible | Limited to 20 Examples
For 20 years Hennessey Performance has been making fast cars go faster. In celebration, the Hennessey 20th Anniversary Edition supercharged HPE650 Camaro is available in a limited run of just 20 examples. Available exclusively in a black on black paint scheme, with a choice of coupe or convertible, this 655 horsepower supercharged 2012 Camaro represents the power and styling that has defined HPE's distinctive brand of performance vehicles.
• 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
• Coupe or Convertible
• 6 Speed Manual or Automatic Transmission
• Black Exterior
• Black Leather Interior
• 0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds
• 1/4 mile: 11.7 @ 122 mph
• 655 bhp @ 6,300 rpm
The 20th Anniversary HPE650 Camaro Includes:
• TVS2300 Supercharger System (Black or Chrome)
• HPE Air Induction System
• High Flow Cylinder Heads
• HPE650 Camshaft Upgrade
• Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
• High Flow Catalytic Converters
• Stainless Steel Mid-Pipes
• High Flow Fuel Injector Upgrade
• 160 Degree Thermostat
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Lowered Coilover Supsension System (1 inch)
• CarbonAero Front Splitter and Side Skirts
• Hennessey Monoblock Wheels (Chrome or Silver Finish)
• Hennessey HPE650 Exterior Badging
• Hennessey 20th Anniversary Edition
Serial Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• Hennessey 20th Anniversary Edition Floor Mats
• Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
• HPE Modified Engine Cover
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
For More Information, Please Call (979) 885-1300 or Email Sales@HennesseyPerformance.com Today.
Performance figures based on 93 octane fuel. Convertible models require addition of tubular frame brace.
Not California emissions compliant.