To cut costs, Honda will manufacture batteries, electric motors for hybrids in China
During a recent interview, Honda China's chief executive officer, Seiji Kuraishi, stated that it's difficult to reduce costs when importing electric motors and batteries from Japan. Local production of these vital components is a feasible way to cut costs and decrease the price of its hybrids sold in China.
In 2012, Honda will launch five hybrids in China: the Insight, CR-Z, Fit, Civic and an undisclosed gas-electric Acura. These tea leaves lead us to believe the reported timing of the production shift is spot on.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models