GM might build Chevy Volt in China. Maybe
According to the Detroit News, GM will begin exporting Michigan-made Volts to China by year's end, but "isn't likely to sell many." But should that actually be "isn't likely to sell any?" Given the fact that the Michigan-built Volts will not qualify for subsidies in China, it seems unlikely that The General will get the Chinese masses to flock to a vehicle that's simply far too expensive there. The price may prevent GM from ever building a Volt in China, since Akerson said it will only make sense to build it there if customers take to the car. Hmm.
Chevy Volt Information
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies