Al Unser Jr. arrested for reckless driving, DUI
Bernalillo County, New Mexico sheriffs reportedly stopped Unser on Thursday for driving over 100 miles per hour in his Suburban. During the traffic stop, he slurred his speech and registered over twice the legal limit for blood-alcohol levels.
This isn't the first time Unser's gotten himself in hot water. In 2002 he reportedly underwent treatment for alcohol abuse after hitting his girlfriend in the face while drinking in Indianapolis, and in 2007 he lost his license for a DUI in Nevada.
IndyCar has responded to the new charges by suspending Unser indefinitely from his role as a race control official as the matter is investigated further.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models