A calculated and cautious approach to exploitation will be vital to optimal development, according to the UK-based analytical firm Visiongain. Due to the lack of geological data in the Arctic, oil and gas exploration and extraction will be a high-risk, massive-reward venture in which only the most experienced and wealthy of companies will compete.
Visiongain predicts that global spending on advanced oil and gas exploration technologies, including those used in the Arctic, will exceed $10.17 billion in 2011 and soar to exorbitant levels by 2021. Why all this spending? Well, as the world shifts to discovering hidden oil and gas deposits, the exploration industry will be required to use advanced surveying methods and outrageously expensive equipment. This kind of energy doesn't come cheap.
The Advanced Oil & Gas Exploration Technologies Market 2011-2021 report analyses how this vitally important market will develop over the next ten years. The report quantifies the market in terms of global size and breaks the market down into sub-markets and seven regional markets, with forecasts and analysis provided for each market from 2011-2021. The report also examines the major drivers and restraints influencing the market over the next decade and explains the major technologies utilised, analysing which regions will drive growth for each technology. Our research shows that global spending in 2011 on advanced oil & gas exploration technologies will total $10.17bn.
Oil and gas exploration was once a painstaking, inefficient and time consuming activity. Prospectors looked for surface seepages from underground reserves, which occur only over a small proportion of deposits. Today, technological innovation allows more efficient management of fields and better evaluation of exploration prospects, reducing the need to drill numerous exploratory wells thus saving money and minimising environmental damage. A combination of high oil prices, improved extraction technologies, increasing global energy demands, and supply concerns including; declining production, depleting production fields, maturing reservoirs and increasingly more difficult frontier exploration that is deeper, more complex and more remote - is creating new opportunities for growth in the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market. As the need to find new oil and gas deposits increases, the exploration industry will be relentlessly driven toward the use of more advanced surveying methods, including seismic 2D, 3D and 4D imaging, Controlled Source Electromagnetics (CSEM) and Remote Sensing techniques.
Though the industry will be faced with the restraints of proving the effectiveness of some of the new technologies on a commercial scale, overcoming environmental concerns, and confronting a weak global economy, the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market is likely to provide substantial opportunities for potential investors. This report offers an examination of the advanced exploration technologies market over the next decade, providing detailed market forecasts for each of the regional markets and offering in-depth analysis of the opportunities and challenges facing companies in the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market throughout the world.
The report also describes the most important technological changes within the advanced oil & gas technologies industry and assesses their importance for the growth of the market over the long-term. The various drivers and restraints of the market are evaluated in order to provide readers with specific insights into the future direction of the exploration technologies market.
How much is forecast to be spent in the leading regional advanced oil & gas exploration technologies markets in 2011? Who are the leading companies in the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies industry? Where are the growth opportunities over the next decade - in which countries and with which type of technology? These critical questions and many more are definitively answered in this comprehensive report.
Unique Selling Points
• Global advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market forecasts and analysis for 2011-2021.
• 88 tables, charts and graphs quantifying, analysing and forecasting the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market from 2011-2021.
• Analysis and forecasts informed by extensive consultation with industry expert opinion. Full transcripts of interviews are included from two leading advanced oil & gas exploration technologies companies.
• Regional market forecasts from 2011-2021 and analysis for the 7 regional advanced oil & gas exploration technologies markets.
• Submarket forecasts from 2011-2021 for the 3 major advanced oil & gas exploration technologies.
• Profiles of the 32 leading companies within the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market.
• SWOT analysis of strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats facing the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market over the next ten years.
• Examination of the main technologies and contemporary innovations in the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market
Comprehensive analysis of the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market
The Advanced Oil & Gas Exploration Technologies Market 2011-2021 report examines this sector critically by drawing upon a rich combination of primary and secondary research with a comprehensive review of recent contracts, official corporate and governmental announcements, news reports, industry publications, market analysis, policy documents, industry statements and an extensive consultation of expert opinion.
Why you should buy The Advanced Oil and Gas Exploration Technologies Market 2011-2021
• You will achieve a thorough understanding of the global advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market and how it will develop over the next ten years.
• You will find 88 tables, charts and graphs quantifying, analysing and forecasting the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market in detail from 2011-2021.
• The analysis and forecasting has been underpinned by extensive consultation with expert opinion. Within the report, you will read full transcripts of original and exclusive interviews with CEOs of two leading advanced oil & gas exploration technologies companies:
- Dmitry Vilbaum CEO of Terra Energy & Resource Technologies, Inc.
- Martin Bett CEO of Stingray Geophysical Limited
• You will receive regional market forecasts from 2011-2021 for advanced oil & gas technologies markets in the following regions:
- Latin America
- North America
- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- The Middle East
• You will receive submarket forecasts from 2011-2021 for the following global advanced oil & gas technologies submarkets:
- Seismic Exploration Technologies Market
- Controlled-Source Electromagnetics (CSEM) Exploration Technologies Market
- Remote Sensing Exploration Technologies Market
• You will be able to compare the various global advanced oil & gas technologies and discover which technologies will grow most rapidly in each region over the forecast period.
• You will be provided with profiles of 32 of the leading companies within the global advanced oil & gas ttechnologies market.
• You will receive a SWOT analysis of the main strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the global aadvanced oil & gas ttechnologies market over the next ten years.
You can order this report today
Anybody with an interest in the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market should gain valuable information and insight from this new study by visiongain, which analyses one of the most dynamic markets in the oil & gas industry. The advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market offers substantial business and investment opportunities and is a critical component of the global energy sector.
This visiongain energy report will be valuable both to those already involved in the advanced oil & gas exploration technologies market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Advanced Oil & Gas Exploration Technologies Market 2011-2021 report today.