Behold the Sealander; Germany's take on go-anywhere camper. This little vessel is small and light enough to be towed by any modestly-powered CUV and features a fully-configurable interior. Inside, there's space for a four-person table, a kitchenette and a sleeping area, and there's even space outside for a deck. Why would you want a deck on your tiny camper? Because you'll need somewhere to stand when you take to the open seas in your home away from home. As its name suggests, the Sealander is completely amphibious. All you have to do is strap on the pint-sized motor and avoid any small craft warnings.

If you've got an inkling to call der Schwimmcaravan your very own, you'll need to brush up on your German and import one from the EU. Head over to the Sealander site for more information, and check out a video of the aquatic RV in action.

Sealander - Schwimmcaravan - Grenzenlos mobil from SEALANDER - Der Schwimmcaravan on Vimeo.



I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.


    • 1 Second Ago
  • 21 Comments
      • 3 Years Ago
      [blocked]
      dukeisduke
      • 3 Years Ago
      I can't wait to see the guys on Top Gear blow one up.
      contrarian
      • 3 Years Ago
      Problems: 1. How do you get in the thing when you launch? Is there a door on the front? Wade? 2. Won't all the boats on the lake try to rescue you, thinking that this must be a sinking car? 3. If a 50 hp boat goes past at 40 knots, I can see this thing flipping in the wake. 4. I dont know that a trolling motor will get you very far or very fast. 5. Any wind over 10 knots and I can see this thing being unable to make its way into the wind. I'm not sure it will catch on on this side of the Atlantic.
      Black Pug
      • 3 Years Ago
      This really seems to have no purpose besides a ,"Hey look at what I wasted my money guys!" Can't fish out of it easily, any wind will make waves eat this up, and the interior is a like another said very jail cellish.
      cooter
      • 3 Years Ago
      this is really old news.
      Andrew Owendoff
      • 3 Years Ago
      Does anyone else have issue loading pictures on autoblog? I have not been able to get the pictures to load when I click on them for a week now.
        Alexander
        • 3 Years Ago
        @Andrew Owendoff
        yeah. its a code error. just keep hitting refresh F5 and try closing and then reopening IE. or i found it works much better in Crome.
      MrWhopee
      • 3 Years Ago
      Is this supposed to be towed by a boat?
      sodapopdrinker
      • 3 Years Ago
      WAY KOOOOOOOOOOL!
      tegdesign
      • 3 Years Ago
      You could use any boat as a camper if you wanted, but it would do 100% better in the water. Was this supposed to come out April 1st?
      Agilis
      • 3 Years Ago
      Absolutely pointless.
      SpikedLemon
      • 3 Years Ago
      At 380kg: you don't need a CUV to tow it. A Toyota Yaris will easily tow this little trailer.
        Kris
        • 3 Years Ago
        @SpikedLemon
        The VW Fox in the video is exactly the same size.
      BLS
      • 3 Years Ago
      This is one of those "so close; yet so far away" products. For example, I like the canvas top but how are you supposed to button it down when you are on the water. It seems like you would get it 90% buttoned but then to get the other 10% you would have to swim around to the back. Should have a little deck all the way around. The hitch through the top rung of the ladder just looks like you would constantly bang your knees on it and get annoying scratches everytime you got in or out of the water.
    • Load More Comments