GM plants begin ratifying new UAW deal, 15 so far
The Detroit Free Press is also reporting that a deal with the Ford Motor Company may also be struck by week's end. The UAW is also continuing negotiations with Chrysler, which have endured some early hiccups.
GM and the UAW agreed on a deal that would see new entry-level workers receive a $2-3 hourly raise over the next four years, as well as a $5,000 signing bonus and a yearly $1,000 lump-sum inflation protection bonus.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies