BMW X6 Active Hybrid gets axed
During our first drive of the hybrid sport activity coupe, as BMW labels the X6, we got 16 miles per gallon, a bit shy of the official 17 city, 19 highway mpg EPA figures. So, it's not clear why buyers would even opt for the the near-$90,000 X6 over the non-hybrid six-cylinder and V8 versions. The standard 2012 X6 starts at $58,900.
The X6 Active Hybrid officially went on sale in the U.S. on December 5, 2009, but the hybrid X6 is alread no more. Due to low sales, BMW has reportedly pulled the plug on the gas-electric X6 and we can't say were surprised – or even disappointed – to see the X6 Active Hybrid vanish.
BMW X6 Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models