Bob Lutz joining EV maker VIA Motors
Bob Lutz is apparently planning to keep busy in his retirement. In addition to snapping up an advisory role with General Motors, the former automotive executive has just announced that he is joining up with VIA Motors, an electric vehicle manufacturer responsible for converting full-size GM products into extended-range hybrids.
At this point, it's unclear exactly what kind of role Lutz will play in the company or what his duties will be and all a GM spokesperson would say about Lutz's continued role with GM was that it "won't change because of the move."
Lutz says that of all of the feats he accomplished during his illustrious career across multiple manufacturers, helping usher the Chevrolet Volt to market is his proudest achievement, making the new position at VIA Motors a convenient fit.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX