In Detail: USSBA Sprint Boat Racing [PHOTOS]
The USSBA was formed in the early 1990s, with races initially occurring on ponds or small lakes. The sport was revolutionized in the U.S. when the first in-ground track was excavated in 1997. Since then, manmade courses are popping up all over the Pacific Northwest, constructed to mimic the twisting tributaries upon which the sport was discovered.
There are 3 classes of Sprint Boat racing in the U.S.: Superboat, Group A-400 and Super Modified, based mostly on engine power and size. Complete class specifications can be found within the official USSBA race rules.
Click the image below to watch TRANSLOGIC 70: Jetsprint Racing:
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models