It's called the Mulsanne Executive Interior Concept, and it's way nicer than your office. No, not the office of the person who can afford the car, specifically your office. The British builder of luxuriously exotic automobiles has put together an interior fit for a constantly connected king, which comes complete with a list of items to make sure whatever task at hand is finished before leaving the coddling confines of the Mulsanne.
Rear passengers will enjoy the power-folding wood veneer picnic tables that drop from the backs of the front seats. The tables are home to separate iPad work stations, each of which includes a Bluetooth wireless keyboard. Keeping that iPad and keyboard combo in check is a Mac Mini mounted in the trunk. The Apple product brigade is joined by an iPod that can play music but also serves as the remote control for the rear seat information and entertainment devices. A telephone is nestled into the armrest alongside a Tibaldi pen. If you're not familiar with the Tibaldi brand of writing instruments, just know that prices range from way-too-much-for-a-pen to worth-more-than-the-car-you-drive. Regardless, we're sure it takes beautiful notes that pertain to the morning meeting, which you attended from the back of your super luxury sedan.
Once the work is done, you can kick back and relax while watching your company's stock rise on the ticker rolling across the drop-down 15.6-inch high-definition LCD. It's mounted on the ceiling and is the perfect tool to stop the driver from sneaking glances at you and your secretary.
Bentley Mulsanne Executive Interior Concept debuts at International Automobile Exhibition (IAA) in Frankfurt
(Frankfurt. 13 September 2011) Bentley Motors is showcasing a new multimedia connectivity concept designed for executives inside the luxurious, hand-crafted cabin of the company's Mulsanne flagship at the 2011 Frankfurt Show (Stand A09, Hall 3).
The Mulsanne Executive Interior Concept offers an impressive array of bespoke business, comfort and entertainment features - designed to conduct business on the move or just unwind between meetings - all beautifully integrated into the sumptuous and comfortable cabin which takes Bentley's craftsmen and women over 170 hours to create.
Mulsanne rear passengers receive individual Apple iPad workstations with full internet access (integrated into retractable picnic tables) whilst a large, drop-down LED screen ensures that a wide selection of movies as well as television can also be enjoyed.
Renowned for its painstaking attention to detail, Bentley has added a range of finishing touches including a Tibaldi fountain pen from its specially commissioned Collection which is designed to mirror the Mulsanne's knurled-metal rotary switchgear and which is discretely stowed in the centre armrest. And seen on a Bentley for the first time, a distinctive Yachting-style veneer, which blends light and dark contrasting tones, features throughout the cabin. Comments Alasdair Stewart, Member of the Board for Sales & Marketing:
"Many customers use their time in the Mulsanne to keep on top of their business commitments or simply take a few moments to relax. This fully functioning concept highlights the Mulsanne's potential to help busy executives to communicate effectively and quickly whilst travelling. As you would expect from Bentley, all these features work in harmony with the handcrafted cabin and can be displayed or hidden at the user's discretion,"
Key entertainment and business features
- Two electric-powered, foldable wood veneer picnic tables in the rear cabin, each with Apple iPad and Apple Bluetooth keyboards.
- The twin iPads enable the Apple Media Centre to play video files and music, provide access to personal and work e-mail as well as the internet (via W-Lan).
- Apple Mini Mac stored in boot compartment enables integration of iPad with Bluetooth keyboard and iPod acts as control panel in rear console.
- Roof console with 15.6 inch High Definition LED dropdown monitor. Plays videos (from both DVD changer and Mac Mini) and watch Television.
- Comfort, control and stowage features
- Illuminated rear centre console fitted with twin, individual armrests offers true, spacious 4-seat configuration.
- Rear console also houses Apple iPod (control panel), two cupholders, tissue box and large stowage area.
- Apple iPod controls – Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) and audio system, Apple Media Centre, plays music and access to internet.
- Two USB connectors provided for the Apple system and one Apple interface connector for the iPod.
- Bespoke control keys on rear console operate picnic tables, reading lights, control HD LED screen and select video and audio options.
- Armrest contains Tibaldi pen and Privacy Telephone handset.
- Bespoke bottle cooler in rear centre console with illuminated, double-glazed frosted glass door.
- Additional, multi-directional reading lights are provided for each rear passenger and can be operated with Apple devices.
- Sophisticated mood lighting in the rear centre console (using multiple soft glowing LEDs) ensures the stowage areas are lit and the docking station and cupholders are also illuminated for extra convenience.