Audi shows off near-production R8 e-tron prototype
Yesterday in Frankfurt, Audi revealed a new R8 e-tron "technology demonstrator" that represents something fairly similar to the production model we'll see in the near future. Some unique visual features separate the R8 e-tron from the petrol-powered version, including the carbon fiber vents on the hood and chrome slats in the front grilles and rear bumper. Like the concept, the production version of the car is expected to feature four electric motors sending power to each wheel, with performance targets including 0-60 mph in less than five seconds and a 150 mile range.
You can see the new Audi R8 e-tron prototype in detail in the high-res gallery above.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models