Toyota preps Pixis Space, the automaker's first-ever kei car
Based on the Daihatsu Move Conte, the Pixis Space will be sold at Toyota dealerships at "Pixis stations." After Toyota's version of the Move Conte makes its debut, it will launch a Pixis-badged Daihatsu Hijet truck and microvan in December. By the end of next year, Toyota says it will launch a Pixis version of the upcoming Daihatsu e:S – a vehicle that returns 70.6 miles per gallon (U.S.) as measured under Japan's JC08 test cycle.
Even though this will be Toyota's first officialy kei car, we should mention that Daihatsu – Japan's oldest manufacturer of automobiles – operates under the control of Toyota? This is simply badge engineering at the kei level.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies