Electric Formulec EF01 laps rain-drenched Russian track
Designed by South African firm Formulec and Segula Matra Technologies, the Formulec EF01 accelerates from 0 to 60 miles per hour in a blistering three seconds and heads on to a top speed of over 155 mph. Up to 300 horsepower coming from a pair of electric Siemens motors gives the Formulec its giddy-up and a Saft battery pack provides for up to 25 minutes of on-track racing. The Formulec's two-speed gearbox makes for swift off-the-line acceleration.
As the Formulec EF01 continues its quest to make record runs on tracks around the world, even torrential rains don't stand in the way of the EF01's journey. Want proof? Hit the jump to see the car zip down a wet track in Moscow.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models