China's BYD to sell electric eBUS-12s to Taiwan
Following the signing of an agreement to sell its eBUS-12 in Singapore, BYD has inked another coach-related deal, this time in Taiwan. BYD announced it will start shipping electric buses to Taiwan by the end of 2011 and there's even some indication that BYD will construct an electric bus factory in Taiwan in the not-so-distant future.
BYD says orders for its eBUS-12 have far exceeded production volume, meaning that only a portion of the existing orders can be filled. The Chinese automaker says orders for the zero-emissions bus are pouring in from China, Europe and the United States. Deliveries to the States are tentatively slated to commence in 2012. We'll see how those pan out.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models