Owner left with bill for burnt BMW after Vancouver riots
The BMW M5 in question was leased to Perez, who had insurance to cover the market value of the car. With her car now torched and ruined, Perez now needs to pay the difference between the insurance payout (fair market value) and the remaining balance she owes on her lease. The total she owes is reportedly in the thousands of dollars. Her insurance company and the leasing company both say they understand this was not her fault, yet contracts are contracts and Perez is the one who signed on the dotted line.
We feel for Perez in this situation. Mostly because she now owes thousands on a car that was destroyed by idiots, but especially because that car was a BMW M5.
Head over to CBC News for video of Jazmin Perez discussing her situation.
BMW M5 Information
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies