Senna races to the top with best documentary debut of the year
According to Indiewire, Senna, which opened at just two theaters (one in New York and one in Los Angeles) brought in a whopping $73,497 on opening weekend. That's split between $40,713 in LA and $32,784 in New York, according to reports, for a handsome average of $36,749 per theater.
Those are numbers worthy of the greatest driver in the greatest era of the greatest spectacle in motor racing the world has ever known. And as befits the late, great Ayrton Senna whom the film depicts, it doesn't look like it'll be slowing down any time soon.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models