David Higgins' record-breaking run up Mt. Washington
David Higgins of the Subaru Rally Team USA arrived in New Hampshire intent on beating both Sprongl's official record and Pastrana's time. He did just that by throwing down a 6:11.54, beating Pastrana's run by nine seconds in the process.
We've been waiting for high-definition video of the run ever since Higgins set the record back on June 26th, 2011. Now we have it... and it's excellent. The clip, posted after the jump, shows just how treacherous the road can be, and how dramatically visibility can change. Higgins, however, believes he can go faster. His new goal? An absolutely bonkers sub-six-minute time.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies