Volkswagen paints Canada red & white with first GLI commercial
If you want a hot hatch, you could do a lot worse than the Volkswagen GTI. But if you're looking for a sedan with a fixed trunk, drop the T and pick up an L for the Jetta GLI.
The compact sports sedan debuted earlier this year in Chicago – packing the same 200-horsepower turbo four and XDS diff as its be-hatched brother – and is just about ready to hit the North American market it's designed for. So to drum up some enthusiasm, VW shot a rather innovative commercial... in Canada.
The television spot combines video and long-exposure photography to paint shapes with the head and tail lamps. The effect is quite stunning, and you can watch it for yourself – along with a making-of video – right after the jump.
VW GLI Information
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX