Audi RS3 goes head-to-head against BMW 1 M Coupe in drag race
There's no end to the vehicles to which you could compare the BMW 1 M Coupe. You could pit it against its big brother the M3, or the original that is its spiritual ancestor. Top Gear put it in unusual context with the Volkswagen GTI. Autocar against the Porsche Cayman R. The list goes on and on, but perhaps its most natural modern rival is the Audi RS3.
Sure the RS3 has all-wheel drive and a dual-clutch gearbox, not to mention two more doors, but their stats are otherwise pretty much spot-on. That's why AutoExpress chose these two for the most basic type of race you could imagine: a straight-line drag down the quarter-mile. Follow the jump to see who won.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video