As most of you wonderful beta testers already know, there are many areas of Autoblog Beta that aren't done yet. Today we're announcing that most of those areas of the site have been launched, which makes Autoblog Beta itself much, much closer to completion.
Here's a list of the new areas that have launched and links to get there. Click "Give Us Feedback!" on the Beta Bar after you've checked them out and let us know what you think.
Automobiles page - Where you go to find all of Autoblog's content about a specific automaker (foreign or domestic), vehicle type or vehicle style.
Make pages - Each automaker operating in the U.S. gets its own page that contains all of the latest Autoblog content, including posts, videos and photos, about just that make, as well as links to individual pages for all of that make's models. Example: BMW, Ford and even smaller makes like Tesla and Fisker.
Model pages - Every vehicle on sale in the U.S. gets its own page that contains all of the latest Autoblog content, including posts, videos and photos, about that model. These pages also include all of the reviews, first drives, quick spins, etc. that we've ever done for that model. Example: Audi A7 and R8, Hyundai Genesis.
Enthusiast page - Where you go to break down Autoblogby various categories like Concept Cars, Spy Shots and Recalls. Also includes links to pages for viewing region-specific content.
Category pages - New category pages that can be viewed in traditional Blog View or the new Quick Scan View. Example: Spy Shots, Celebrities and Rumormill.
Some Things to Notice:
- Every Make page features an image of that automaker's logo. Almost every one of these images was shot buy us (the only exception is Maybach).
- There is a Featured Galleries module in the right rail of every Make page that features only galleries of that Make.
- On both Make and Model pages, you can filter all of the content by Reviews, First Drives, Quick Spins, Spy Shots and Auto Show coverage.
- You can get to our new Long-Term Garage page from the Automobiles page.
- There is now a bread-crumb link trail near the top of every page so you'll never get lost.