- Jun 23, 2011
What you missed on 6.23.11
Donning its latest new costume, the XK is transformed – via the XKR – into the XKR-S. The fastest and most powerful U.S. legal road car Jaguar has ever made, the brief was to create a coupe that could be hellacious around a track yet remain gracious around town.
The amazing thing about the CARS franchise: It's equally appealing to four-year-olds and forty-year-olds. Oh, and anything emblazoned with its V-shaped hood ornament logo or the likes of its lead character Lightning McQueen will sell by the truck load.
Corvette engineer Jim Mero took a brand new Z06 fitted with the Z07 chassis package to Germany's Nürburgring, only to find out that it's capable of ripping off a 7:22.68 lap time.
Also of interest:
- Saab unable to obtain short-term funding, pay employee wages
- Spy Shots: BMW M6 coupe shows off a little more skin
- Video: Mini uses Google Maps and Facebook to let you race digitally on any road in the world
- Ram HD trucks get new six-speed automatic transmission
- Report: Supplier strike could potentially affect Chevy Sonic launch [UPDATE]