2012 Corvette ZR1 shaves six seconds off its 'Ring time
Chevrolet has a few upgrades in store for the mighty 2012 Corvette ZR1. One of which is a set of optional Michelin Pilot Sport Cup Zero Pressure Tires. Coupled with the the Performance Traction Management (PTM) system, the 2012 ZR1 is going to be one fast grippy guppy.
Chevrolet wanted to find out how the new car handles one of the worlds most exciting roads, so a trip to Germany and a ticket to the Nürburgring were in order. In 2008, a Corvette ZR1 ran around the infamous track in 7:26.4. The 2012 car blew that time away with a 7:19.63 blast around the 'Ring – that's a six-second improvement, for those who don't feel like doing the math. Want to ride shotgun on the 12.9-mile journey? Put on your helmet, click past the jump and check out the clip.
Chevy Corvette Information
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX