Audi R18 commercial shows attention to detail and lightweight technology
Audi loves talking about the lightweight technology used to build its mighty turbodiesel LMP racers. While the last-generation R15 utilized a 590-horsepower twin-turbo 10-cylinder diesel engine, revisions to the rulebook forced Audi to alter the oil-chugging powertrain. The newer R18 TDI is powered by 3.7-liter V6 turbodiesel that pumps out around 575 horsepower, yet weighs 25-percent less than the previous mill and drinks fuel at a slower rate.
Besides the engine, Audi has employed aluminum and carbon fiber in an effort to keep the weight of the R18 TDI as low as possible. How did the four-ringed automaker fare? According to the commercial posted after the jump, the engineering team did a pretty good job.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Tesla just installed Autopilot on all its cars
- How to drive an Acura NSX into a casino
From Our Partners
You May Like
Links by Zergnet