This is what getting squirrely in a Camaro at over 240 mph looks like
Josh Ledford lives his life a mile at a time, and in those 25 seconds or less... he's free. Unless a nasty crosswind decides to play with his fast-moving Chevrolet Camaro, and he has to put his other hand back on the wheel to control a puckering 244-mile-per-hour drift. That's right, we said 244 miles per hour.
Mr. Ledford was driving the Late Model Racecraft-prepped F-Body during last week's 2011 Texas Mile event. As he passed the finish line, the Camaro started to step out and – well, you can watch the rest by clicking past the jump.
While you're over there, we've got another clip of a Late Model Racecraft vehicle making the mile-long dash. This time, it's a Chevrolet Corvette, and the coupe runs up to 231 miles per hour before crossing the finish line.
Chevy Camaro Information
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX