Cause of garage fires involving Chevy Volt to be revealed in about a month
The Generals preliminary investigation of the fire suggests that the Volt was engulfed in flames due to its parking spot in the garage and was not the cause of the blaze. "While the Volt's battery pack sustained damage," says General Motors Global Electric Vehicle Executive Doug Parks, "it was not extensive enough or of the type that would suggest that it caused the fire."
Engineers from GM and insurance investigators spent nearly two weeks thoroughly examining the vehicles and the burnt garage, so we'd assume that the cause of the fire has already been established. However, we'll patiently wait for the release of the official report and refrain from making assumptions.
[Source: Hartford Courant]
- Most and least efficient car companies
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models