Is the VW Bora (Jetta) Protect the world's most fuel-efficient armored sedan?
The bullet-blocking Bora features Kevlar and Aramid mats in the door panels, bullet-resistant polycarbonate windows and run-flat rubber to make shooting out the tires a real challenge. The $70,000 (U.S.) Bora Protect is designed to keep drivers and occupants safe in Mexico, as that's where the armored Bora is sold. Why Mexico? Well, um, that's open to opinion. However, we'd venture to guess that the Bora Protect is often used to safely carve through streets ravaged by the Mexican Drug War.
[Source: Volkswagen, Gas 2.0, Autoblog]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies