GM CEO Dan Akerson earned $2.5 million in 2010
Akerson's earnings are subject to review by the federal government, since they still own a 32 percent share of the company. For 2011, Akerson won't get a raise, which means he'll earn $9 million this year, the same amount Ed Whitacre would have been paid had he made it an entire year.
Akerson was at the helm for GM's IPO in November, and helped the company close out 2010 posting its biggest profit in ten years.
[Source: The Detroit News]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models