- Apr 23, 2011
Renault answers demand with Laguna Monaco GP edition
Renault Laguna Coupe Monaco GP – Click above for image gallery
A few months back, Renault launched a special edition of its Laguna coupe called the Monaco GP edition. Only 400 examples were earmarked for production, available exclusively in the automaker's domestic market. They proved an instant hit, selling out in short order. To satisfy customers' demand for more, Renault has announced a second run of the cars.
The Laguna Monaco GP starts off as Black Edition coupe and upgrades from there. The Pearlescent White body is offset by the black roof and black Interlagos 18-inch alloys, while the high-contrast treatment is continued inside the cabin. As shown above, customers can also opt for black paint for a more sinister look.
French buyers can also choose between two diesels at 150 or 175 horsepower, with an options list ranging from four-wheel steering to a Bose sound system. It's a sleek-looking coupe, particularly in this treatment, even if the powertrains don't exactly live up to the Monaco GP racing designation. Follow the jump for more details and check out the images in the gallery below.
Renault Laguna Coupé Monaco GP: a second special series available this spring
• In view of the success of the previous special edition (400 units sold) and in response to customer demand, the new Laguna Coupé Monaco GP special series is now available in France.
• Renault has been part of the finest moments in the history of the Monaco Grand Prix, a major sporting event. Today, it is dedicating a "showcase" to its coupés: the Monaco GP signature.
Sporty, elegant bodywork
Based on the Black Edition model, the Laguna Coupé Monaco GP special series has real personality. Classic lines and strict proportions make for a harmonious whole that showcases the car's sporting looks.
- The Pearlescent White bodywork and black roof, specially developed for these versions, adds an exclusive touch. This limited series is also available in full Pearlescent Black.
- The bodywork features – Pearlescent Black mirror housings, and "Monaco GP" badging on the sides and in the grille – highlight the car's dynamic, forceful design.
- Black Interlagos 18-inch alloy wheels provide the finishing touch.
An exclusive cabin
The interior of the Laguna Coupé Monaco GP combines impeccable build quality with sport chic design and a strong emphasis on passenger comfort. The original looks are underlined by:
- a Pearlescent White interior trim: central console, doors and dashboard,
- mixed sports upholstery, featuring black fabric with grey topstitching detail and the Monaco GP signature, with topstitching on the flat-bottomed leather GT steering wheel and on the dashboard,
- aluminium pedal assembly and gearlever knob (manual gearbox),
- Carminat Tom Tom Live navigation and maps of France with access to Live connected services.
A sporty, reassuring ride
The chassis of the Laguna Coupé is designed to deliver maximum control and driving sensations along with high standards of comfort. It is both dynamic and precise.
These qualities are magnified by the optional 4Control chassis with four-wheel steering. This system carves a sharp, reassuring, ideal path in all conditions of grip. Handling in the city is exceptional, with the steering angle of the rear wheels.
Two engines are available:
- dCi 150
- dCi 175 Automatic
Prices at April 5, 2011
- Laguna Monaco GP dCi150: €32,200 incl. VAT.
- Laguna Monaco GP dCi175 Automatic: €34,500 incl. VAT
Main options available
- 4Control chassis with four-wheel steering €2,000 incl. VAT
- Plug & Music terminal: €200 incl. VAT
- European maps for Carminat Tom Tom Live €120 incl. VAT
- comfort pack(hands-free card, power folding mirrors) €500 incl. VAT
- heat-reflecting windscreen €200 incl. VAT
- Bose Sound System radio CD MP3 and Plug & Music terminal €800 incl. VAT
- 16-inch temporary spare wheel €90 incl. VAT
- black leather upholstery with embroidered Monaco GP signature €1,500 incl. VAT
- front and rear protective mats €90 incl. VAT